Hi all,
I'm also a great fan of outlining serious texts and have also made some experiences with kdissert (being a fan of MindMaps still much longer than of any advanced text system).

OTOH I'm using LyX-1.5.3 now for quite a while and am VERY content for my (restricted) expectations. Using the outlining possibilities also to some degree.

To answer Abdel's question on the functionality lacking (I just checked with 1.5.3 official release as of Dec 17th, 2007):

+++ It is already very helpful to be able to move entire paragraphs using the keyboard when working in the text window.

*** keyboard driven jump between the text window and the table of contents window . AFAIK this is not yet possible. The other direction seems to work simply with tab (and to my surprise with shift+tab too). What about shift tab for the lacking jump. Would be similar to other apps like e.g. thunderbird (to jump between folders panel and messages panel)

*** keyboard accessibility of the 5 buttons at the lower border of the toc window.

This would mean that everything, i.e. writing and outlining could be done using only the keyboard. IMHO this is by far the most efficient way to produce texts.

Should I enter enhancement requests into bugzilla?

Cheers

Hellmut