On  9.01.08, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Since 1.5 version
>> when I type too quickly, I get a menu (as example, alt-m-f will give
>> alt-f)

> You should try 'Alt-m f', i.e. make sure to release the two keys before
> typing 'f'.

>> So I'd like to disable all the alt-menu binding. I tried to disable the
>> of the menus.bind file, but it didn't help.
>> So what could I try?

> I am afraid this is not possible without touching the source code. This
> feature comes from Qt, not LyX.

However, it is controled by the ui files. You can e.g. copy stdmenus.inc
(/usr/share/lyx/ui/stdmenus.inc on my Debian system) to your personal lyx
dir (~/.lyx/ui/stdmenus.inc, say) and modify e.g.

-               Submenu "File|F" "file"
+               Submenu "File" "file"

Some of the Alt-<something> bindings (the visible ones) are realised via
the stdmenus file, while others (invisible ones) are added via menus.bind
(or e.g. /de/menus.bind) So you might have to add bindings disabled in
stdmenus.inc to menus.bind.

I did not find out, how the translation of the ui bindings work - if I
e.g. change

-               Item "Revert to Saved|R" "buffer-reload"
+               Item "Reload from Disk|R" "buffer-reload"

the changed menu entry appears in English also in a German LyX interface.

Günter