On Wednesday 23 January 2008 14:23, muzzle wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using lyx for my latex needs for quite a long time. Now I
> am trying latex presentations, but lyx does not seem very well suited
> for the task and I went back to pure latex code.
> Can you give me some advice on writing slides with lyx? Is it even a good
> idea? Any plans for the next release regarding this area? I think it coul
> be a very interesting impovement given the quality of the average
> powerpoint/openoffice presentation :)
> Goodbye,
>
> Emme

I've been using the beamer presentation document class within Lyx for a long
while now, and I wouldn't think of going back to anything else. It does take
a bit of getting used to, but it's very important for me to have a
consistency of look, the referencing of figures and text, a hierarchical
structure for the presentation and a generic PDF file that can be played
anywhere.

Mateo.