Peleg Michaeli wrote:
Hey...

First of all - thanks for your reply.

Before I do all of your suggested tests (which I will do) I just have to
say: it seems like the pdf you've sent me has fuzzy Hebrew as well!

Perhaps the problem is with the pdf *viewer* that you're using? Some
files I use look horrible in gv, but they're fine using acroread...

Well - as I understand, PDF should embed the fonts inside it, so it's
not impossible that we see the documents in two computers in two
different ways; so for the example, I will add here links to two
documents that I have generated using LyX, one while I had Windows, and
one in my ubuntu. The two documents are generated from the same source
file, so you'll probably see the huge differences.

The link to the "windows" generated PDF is here:
- http://www.freeall.org/peleg/math/TOP_MMN16-C-windows.pdf
And the link the the "ubuntu" generated PDF is here:
- http://www.freeall.org/peleg/math/TOP_MMN16-C-ubuntu.pdf

See the difference?

Hmmm, not really :( ... both files look OK to me. Of course they use
different fonts --- on Windows you're probably using the culmus fonts,
and on ubuntu the fonts that come with ivritex (which are not yet culmus
fonts, and not as nice) --- but in terms of "quality" I don't see a
difference... Regarding the use of culmus fonts on linux, there has been
some work in that direction going on in ivritex, I strongly urge you to
ping the mailing list there to see if there's any progress with this
(and I don't really know the details, they may be able to confirm
whether or not what I'm saying is correct).

Here is the source for BOTH of the PDFs:
- http://www.freeall.org/peleg/math/TOP_MMN16.lyx

Thanks again,
hopefully I will do the rest of the tests some other time.

Peleg.