On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:12:19PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Monday 18 February 2008 13:38, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > I wish the error message would tell me exactly why it believes I don't
> > > have QT4 installed. Then I could fix the problem. Perhaps it's nothing
> > > but a missing symlink, but with an error message like that, I can't tell.
> >
> > The error messages should be in the config.log file. Start from the bottom
> > and work your way up.
>
> Thanks Jeremy,
>
> I was working my way thru the ./configure script and found
> that /usr/lib/qt4/bin didn't contain moc or uic, and as far as I can tell
> Mandriva 2007 didn't have qt4-devel, so I'm downloading that now. However,
> it's got tons of dependencies and I have dialup, so this could be an exercise
> in futility.
>
> Thanks for the config.log tip -- it would have been much easier to
> troubleshoot if I'd used that instead of the script :-)

Apart from that the README files says:

What do I need to compile LyX from the source distribution?

    * A good C++ compiler.  Development is being done mainly with
      gcc/g++, but some others work also. As of LyX 1.6.0, you need at
      least gcc 3.2.x.

    * The Qt4 library, version 4.2.0 or newer.

    Read the file "INSTALL" for more information on compiling.

So: Not sure that 4.1.4 will suffice.

Andre'