On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:22:38 +0100
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > No offense intended Steve but you are obviously confused with version
> > numbers etc. I even suspect that you didn't even fully read the README
> > and INSTALL that come with the source. As an end-user, either you wait
> > for your distro to come with a binary package or you do the required
> > step by step things you need to do in order to compile LyX. Many users
> > compile LyX without problems.
>
> Abdel, I think you miss the point that some people do not want to
> update their distro, but want to update LyX nevertheless. And many of
> these people are faithful LyX users, too.

And if users want to do such stuff, they should be willing to handle
non-standard ways of installing things and not expect the developers to work
much harder and give up on a lot of features that users that do keep up with
modern libraries want.

He wants a nice new Ferrari and still fuel it with leaded fuel, it doesn't work
that way.