Hey there,

it seems that the instant preview of math formulas isn't working for
me. LyX tells me "platex.exe failed to compile 0lyxpreview.tex", while
starting "platex.exe 0lyxpreview.tex" tells me

platex 0lyxpreview.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.7)
makefmt: The input file could be found.
initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.
I can't find the default format file!

This happend with MiKTeX 2.6 and was the reason why I updated to
MiKTeX 2.7. But that didn't solve the problem. I already tried to
reconfigure LyX a few times, installed the "preview"-package and now
don't know what to do.

Maybe one of you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards
Dominik