As for your first question, simply insert ERT and

\pagenumbering{roman} for lowercase roman numerals
\pagenumbering{Roman} for uppercase roman numerals
\pagenumbering{arabic} for arabic numbers
\pagenumbering{alph} for lowercase letters
\pagenumbering{Alph} for uppercase letters

LaTeX resets the page number to i, I, 1, a or A on the page where you put the command.

As for your second question, do you use numbered or unnumbered sections? Unnumbered sections are not put into the TOC (by default). You can add them to the TOC with the ERT-command \addtotoc{Sample Name}

Kind regards,

Max
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for details.