Viktor Nagy wrote:
Hello,

Sorry for this stupid question, but I can't manage inserting a theorem.

I already switched my document to ams-seq, I read around the wiki, etc, but
simply I can't find out how to insert a theorem/example/whatever environment
to a LyX file.

I am a long time LaTeX user, so ERT would work, but I would like to avoid it
in order to learn LyX properly. I would like to know at least the "click
this many, then that" way, but it would be better if it would come together
with a shortcut.

I would like to know as well, what is the lightest document class that is
sufficient for a theorem. (I prefer the modularity of LaTeX a lot, and don't
want to use ams-seq all the time.) Is it possible to include layouts at
runtime, like packages? (runtime = I mean defined in the document's
properties.) If yes what should I include? (I think ams-seq.inc would
suffice, but don't know.)

Thanks for your help!
Viktor

If you are using one of the AMS classes, just start a new paragraph, then click the drop down list of environments (left-most widget in the first tool bar, or M-p space to open it from the keyboard), and click on Theorem.

/Paul