On  1.03.08, Graham Smith wrote:
> OK, sorry about all these posts, but after rooting around I see that Lyx
> is using tex4ht, so it seems what I need help with is how to add the code
> into the lyx document so it adds the alt text when exporting to html.

Actually, LyX can work with several HTML exporters (and you can configure
this under Tools>Settings).

I assume you will need ERT (i.e. raw LaTeX) for the special commands and
experiment with the placing. Checking the "source preview" option under
View will give you instant feedback. Another option would be to create a
small sample LaTeX document with the correct syntax and then import this
into LyX -- if all goes well, the ERT will occure at the right place.

Good luck

Günter