On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

For many plots in a sub directory "PlotFigures", I have 2 versions,
one in eps version and  one in pdf version.

Have you tried specifying a clipping region in LyX?  Might be there's an
issue with reading the bounding box info from the PDF (or EPS) (or both).

  I often need to clip pdf images when inserted into a LyX/LaTeX document.
Also, when there's a .pdf in the document I use pdflatex to view it as well
as when generating the final output.

Rich