On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Jean-Marie Pacquet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >> In the mean time I tried another version from Linuxpackages (Lyx
>  >> 1.5.0 compiled with qt 4.3.0). It does exactly the same thing:
>  >> SIGSEGV on startup.
>  >>
>  >> I also built an old version (Lyx 1.4.5.1) which is compatible with my
>  >> slack 12 installed qt 3 and got a similar error: segmentation fault.
>  >>
>  >> Last, I rebooted my previous slackware 10.2 with Lyx 1.4.3. It works
>  >> as usual...
>  >> so I'm a bit lost.
>  > Sounds like it must be a problem with the Qt installation. 1.4.3 used
>  > Qt 3.
>  >
>  > rh
>  Yes, but I still do not understand why it works on the laptop with the
>  same Qt 4 package and the same Lyx 1.5.4 package loaded on the same
>  slackware 12. And the fact that 1.4.5.1 does not work means that Qt 3 is
>  also broken?
>
>  Will investigate further to-morrow...
>
>  Thanks for your help
>  --
>  jmp

I hope this isn't off topic or a silly question. Did you upgrade
Slackware from 10.2 to 12.0 or was it a fresh install? Just thinking
maybe something got messed up in the upgrade if that was the case. If
not, then sorry, but I'm way to new to the linux world to help debug.

I'm also running Slackware 12.0 at home, but I had no problems with
the SlackBuilds for Qt 4.3.3 and LyX 1.5.4. Everything is running
perfectly.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
/Bob