On Mar 10, 2008, at 4:22 PM, AndrŽas LYBERIS wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with the bibliography of my report.
I have Lyx on mac os X.
To type it, I have been using Bibdesk, it has been ordered in alphabetic order and I don't like to begin a document with a 5 as the first reference.
I can't either put the name and the year of the citation.

Has anyone been confronted to the problem before?

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. It sounds like you are getting numerical style references when you want author-date.

Are you using the "default (numerical)" citation style (in Document > Settings > Bibliography)? To get author-date, you should probably use Natbib, and then select Author-year as the natbib style. You will then need to select a bibliography style from the BibTeX Bibliography you've inserted for use with natbib, but which one depends on how you want the bibliography to be sorted.

For details, see §6.5 of the User's Guide.

Bennett