On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:16:56PM -0600, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> >  > I'm not too worried about Google going anywhere in the near future,
> >  > but if something were to happen it would be easy enough to POP3 all my
> >  > messages for backup (which may not be a bad idea anyway now that you
> >  > made me think of it ;-) ).
> >
> >  Unless this service is shut down without prior notice. And even if it is
> >  not shut down you never know who accesses your data.
>
> I'll have to disagree with this one. Google will not shut down Gmail
> without prior notice, there are just too many people using it. That's
> like saying Windows is going to shut down support for XP without
> notice. It's just not going to happen.

Every now and then there are plans on the table to shutdown GPS in
times of crisis, I don't see why such action would not be imaginable
for Windows or Gmail. And from what I can tell after watching the
latest witch hunts at least 2/3 of the population would find that
completely acceptable if the right spin doctors are deployed...

But we are way off-topic now...

Andre'