Bob Lounsbury ha scritto:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Frode Svindseth wrote:
>>  >
>>  > Den 11. mars. 2008 kl. 18.25 skrev Abdelrazak Younes:
>>  >
>>  >> Maximilian Wollner wrote:
>>  >>> Hello everybody,
>>  >>
>>  >>> Somehow, I find it difficult to use mailing lists, maybe I am a too
>>  >>> young computer and internet user but I can not see a single
>>  >>> advantage. So I tried to look around for LyX discussion boards but
>>  >>> can't find any. Do you know of any? Or is there any possibility to
>>  >>> read the list in Google Groups (where I can have a sort of-discussion
>>  >>> board-view)? Is a discussion board on LyX maybe planned? Or, is there
>>  >>> any good application to read and participate in mailing lists?
>>  >>
>>  >> Try news://news.gname.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > This address does not work in Thunderbird, or Unison for Mac, nor MacSOUP.
>>  >
>>  > What would a working address be?
>>  >

>>  Server: news.gmane.org
>>  Port: 119 (nntp)
>>  Newsgroup: gmane.editors.lyx.general
>>
>>  In Thunderbird, you use Tools -> Account Settings -> Add Account...,
>>  pick newsgroup account (last option), and go from there.
>>
>>  /Paul
>>

> Just wanted to put in another shameless plug for Gmail. Two or maybe
> three more reasons I love it:
>
> 1) Nearly unlimited storage at 6.5GB of 'free as in free' space, which
> is always getting larger. Although I've been using it for three years,
> I am currently only using 6% of my available space after all that
> time. So, yes nearly unlimited.
>
> 2) I don't have to rely on one computer to view the lists messages
> because it is web based. So, I use it at work (not to often though :-}
> ) then at home or wherever I have internet access.
>
> 3) Also, just to repeat myself. Gmail automatically "threads" emails
> by subject, so it is very nice to read as they say it's like having a
> conversation with people.

Thunderbird too, can group e-mails by thread. And threads are not
only determined by e-mail "Subject:" field, but also by
"References:" field. And that's pretty good.

Indeed, portability is not supported!

Best regards.

--
Filippo Zangheri

GPG key ID: 0xE1D879FA
Key fingerprint: 816B CE57 D43C 0A47 EF35 3378 EA5F A72A E1D8 79FA
Key server: pgp.mit.edu