On Saturday 15 March 2008 07:31, Miguel Daniel Rodríguez Magarzo wrote:
> Hi here
>
> I'm working (as usually...) in a new LyX document (a new file) at a
> book-style. I need that the chapter number does not start with the
> _one_, but the five instead, though this is a new file but it belongs to
> a a set of large chapters, so I decided to make a new file for each one.
> The thing is that the page number should start with the "1" into each
> file (or chapter).
> This what I usually have in the preamble:
>
> \AtBeginDocument{%
> \addto\captionsspanish{%
> \renewcommand{\chaptername}{Tema}%
> }}
>
> \usepackage{fancyhdr}
> \pagestyle{fancy}
> \lhead{the title of the subject}
> \rhead{the title of the Chapter}
> \chead{}
> \lfoot{}
> \rfoot{}
> \cfoot{\thepage}
>

> Any trick, please?
>
> Daniel

I don't remember the name of the counter, but there's a counter you need to
set to 5 with ERT. Look in the book.sty or whatever, and find the counter
name, and set it to 5.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Books written in LyX:
        Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
        Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
        Troubleshooting: Just the Facts