Steve Litt wrote:
On Saturday 15 March 2008 07:31, Miguel Daniel Rodríguez Magarzo wrote:
Hi here

I'm working (as usually...) in a new LyX document (a new file) at a
book-style. I need that the chapter number does not start with the
_one_, but the five instead, though this is a new file but it belongs to
a a set of large chapters, so I decided to make a new file for each one.
The thing is that the page number should start with the "1" into each
file (or chapter).

If these are chapters of a larger book, then you want to create a "master document" that includes all of the chapters as "child" documents. To create the master, just make a new file, and put your title, author, etc, info here. Then do: Insert>File>Child Document, and Include each of the chapters.

The chapter numbers will look wrong when you edit the child documents individually, but they will be right when you compile the whole master document.

To reset the page number, just put:
   \setcounter{page}{1}
in ERT (Insert>TeX Code) immediately after each Chapter heading. Or better, look into the chappg package, which you can find on ctan.org if it isn't already available in your TeX distribution.

rh