Hi all,

In my latest book I have a screenshot of UMENU, whose license screen has a
poor man's "box" comprised of underscores on top and bottom, and pipe symbols
on the side. In the book, it's in LyX-Code style, which should be a
monospaced font, and in fact is on everything but underscores.

Trouble is, when I compile it to a PDF, the 78 consecutive underscores take up
much less horizontal space than 78 corresponding letters or spaces. I don't
know how to fix this.

I'm not sure whether LyX treats multiple underscores as a different type of
underscore (similar to 3 hypens make a long dash), or whether the underscores
do not take up a full character space. I believe it to be the latter, based
on a diagnostic where I inserted a bunch of underscores, each separated by a
space, in a monospaced font and compared spacing to regular letters.

Anyone have any idea how to make underscores take a full character width of
space in a monospaced font?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Books written in LyX:
        Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
        Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
        Troubleshooting: Just the Facts