On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Bill King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, it's me again, the same guy who couldn't get lyx to work in Ubuntu
> 7.10.  Just downloaded and installed what is supposed to be a COMPLETE
> operative LyX/LaTeX/Tex system in windows (from your download page--vers.
> 1.5.4).  It also DOESN'T WORK!

The error message is telling me that you have not installed a TeX
system on your computer. It's a little difficult to use a tex/latex
based program without having tex/latex installed on your computer.

When installing the program did the setup not ask if you wanted to
download and install MiKTeX? This is the 'standard' TeX distribution
for Windoze and would eliminate this error message.

> Thank you for your time.  I'm wiping this crap off both my HDs now!

It's a little strange that you are having trouble, but hundreds of
other people have not (may say something about the installer). If you
don't want to use the program or troubleshoot the issue then that's
fine too, have a good day.

Bob