Richard Heck wrote:
Steve Litt wrote:
On Friday 21 March 2008 02:14, rgheck wrote:
Geevarghese Philip wrote:
Hi,
  I have no root permission on my Linux machine, and I would like to
install LyX1.5.x on it. Is there a way to get precompiled binaries for
Lyx1.5.x that can be installed in my home directory without root
permissions, and which has all the dependencies built in to it?

Or, you can do what I sometimes do -- don't do the make install at all, and just run it out of the directory where it was compiled (whatever/lyx-1.5.x/src, I think).
Indeed. I should have mentioned that. I do this for all the development versions.

For this to work, I should be able to do the make successfully: but this requires that I need all the prerequisites installed, which I cannot ensure since I don't have root permissions.

-- Philip