Guys, BibLaTeX rules!!! I'm working my way thru the files and up until now,
I have been able to mimic the format APA uses for the article records. It's
hard, but not as hard as BibTeX.

If someone is interested on an APAlike style in BibLaTeX, please, let me
know.

Best regards.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Maksi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 2008-03-26 20:20:54 +0100, "Julio Rojas"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Don't worry Max. I solved the problems and BibLaTeX is running. The
> > last problem is the original one that got me looking into BibLaTeX. I
> > need a citation style that fully suits BibLaTeX (ibid., ibidem,
> > op.cit) but I need a bibliography style that looks like the APA style
> > used in "apalike". The problem is I don't have any clue on how to
> > create bibliographic styles using BibLaTeX.
>
> Sorry, nor do I. On CTAN there already is a location for biblatex
> contributions
> (http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex-contrib/),
> but no APA style has been contributed yet.
> So far, I never had to come up with my own style, but probably using
> author-year in biblatex (http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Biblatex#toc6) is
> already enough for you. If not, you can surely play around with it
> after reading the author guide of the biblatex manual :)
>

> > Also, is there any possibility to change the default "cite" command
> > into "footcite"? I tried with "\def\cite{\footcite}" and LyX gets
> > hung.
>
> That is a LyX issue (as far as I can see). Simply put all citations
> into footnotes first and you should not have any problems.
>

> > Thx for all the help guys!!!
>
> You're welcome.

Julio Rojas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]