Steve Litt wrote:
On Friday 25 April 2008 05:07, Glen Whitehead wrote:
Thank you everyone for your replies :-)

I am so relieved (after throwing up).

The error was being returned by bibtex and was nothing serious 0_o

Good!

Prevent future occurrence. Create a shellscript or batch file to back up the file (to a different version) and run it every 10 minutes so that if you get knocked back, you only get knocked back 10 minutes.

Maybe you are not aware that LyX already autosaves your files? Look at the Preferences settings dialog; the default is to make a backup every 5 minutes.

I know you're done with this project, but do this for all your projects.

By the way, I have a system to use rsync to make incremental backups, taking maybe a minute. I can run it several times a day so nothing can mess me up. My backup system saves each incremental so I can restore files to any of the backup times.

Why don't use a source control management (SCM) system instead?

Abdel.