On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 13:41 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2008 11:24, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> > Steve Litt wrote:

> > > Good!
> > >
> > > Prevent future occurrence. Create a shellscript or batch file to back up
> > > the file (to a different version) and run it every 10 minutes so that if
> > > you get knocked back, you only get knocked back 10 minutes.
> >
> > Maybe you are not aware that LyX already autosaves your files? Look at
> > the Preferences settings dialog; the default is to make a backup every 5
> > minutes.
>
> My backups work for every app, and work in a way I know.

Maybe it is off topic, but would you mind expand a bit about this backup
script you have? It might give me some good ideas of how to create my
own, and I have just started to program it...

> > > I know you're done with this project, but do this for all your projects.
> > >
> > > By the way, I have a system to use rsync to make incremental backups,
> > > taking maybe a minute. I can run it several times a day so nothing can
> > > mess me up. My backup system saves each incremental so I can restore
> > > files to any of the backup times.
> >
> > Why don't use a source control management (SCM) system instead?
>
> That's a good idea. I haven't yet because it's not a high priority, given
> that
> I have an excellent backup system.
>
> Let me rephrase what I said -- find SOME way of backing up your file often
> during the day, whether it's something built into the app, source control, a
> incremental backup schedule, or just plain copies.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Books written in LyX:
>       Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
>       Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
>       Troubleshooting: Just the Facts

And one more question: do you have one (or more) of these books
available on the net, or otherwise free? I have never seen a full-length
book that was written with LyX, and I would like to see one in order to
get a feeling about LyX's abilities.

Thanks ahead,
Peleg.