stefano franchi wrote:
I just installed LyX 1.5.5 on a freshly installed Kubuntu/Linux 8.04 running
on a Thinkpad T61 laptop.
LyX crashes on the CTRL-O (open file) command. If lanched from the terminal
I get this error message:

ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file
../../include/QtCore/
../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h, line 391

The crash is repeatable. However, it only happened after a few uses of LyX.
That is, I was able to open a few files, then all of of a sudden, it started
crashing every time.

Any help is appreciated.

Try moving or renaming your session file, which is probably at: ~/.lyx/session. If that works, let us know. There have been some problems there.

rh