Stefano Franchi wrote:
On Wednesday 04 June 2008 08:20:33 am you wrote:
stefano franchi wrote:
I just installed LyX 1.5.5 on a freshly installed Kubuntu/Linux 8.04
running on a Thinkpad T61 laptop.
LyX crashes on the CTRL-O (open file) command. If lanched from the
terminal I get this error message:

ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file
../../include/QtCore/
../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h, line 391

The crash is repeatable. However, it only happened after a few uses of
LyX. That is, I was able to open a few files, then all of of a sudden, it
started crashing every time.

Any help is appreciated.
Try moving or renaming your session file, which is probably at:
~/.lyx/session. If that works, let us know. There have been some
problems there.

rh

Hi Richard,

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not help. Anything else I can try to narrow down the problem?

Try moving your entire .lyx/ directory next. Did you upgrade Qt in the meantime? What's your Qt version?
rh