G. Milde wrote:
On 16.06.08, TP wrote:

It also used to work for me from within LyX. However, a new test with LyX
shows that it no longer works as expected for both display in LyX and PDF
export.

Starting LyX with the graphics conversion debug option,

   > lyx -dbg
   List of supported debug flags:
         0         none  No debugging message
... 2097152 graphics Graphics conversion and loading

   > lyx -dbg 2097152
and loading a fresh svg picture on A4 canvas showed the (most probable)
reason:

        The file contains svg format data.
The image loader can load the following directly: bmp, gif, ico, jpeg, jpg, mng, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, tif, tiff, xbm, xpm, Of these, LyX recognises the following formats:
   bmp, gif, jpg, jpg, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, tiff, xbm, xpm
No conversion needed (from == to)!
   Image loading succeeded.
   graphics::Image::getScaledDimensions()
        params.scale       : 100
        width              : 744
        height             : 1052
   LoaderQueue: I'm going to sleep

of course the --export-area-drawing option can not have any effect if
there is no export!

Right.

My guess is, that svg support in the image loader is new in QT 4.4 and
hence this option worked with QT < 4.4.

Svg support is not new, it is brought by the QtSvg4 library. AFAIK, we don't link with this library. My guess is that your distribution (or you?) explicitely link to it. But maybe you're right that something has changed in Qt4.4 and that svg is automatically loaded with QtGui. This needs more investigation...

It seems like you really have to save your svg clipped to the right size.

With the external inset, you can define a conversion method for latex. As far as LyX-1.6 previewing is concerned, you can make use of the scale screen option.

Abdel.