On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:18 AM, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Bruce Pourciau
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not really, these messages can be caused by pretty much anything.

Try cutting text until it finally compiles. Then uncut text until you
find where the bit that is causing trouble. (It is quite often that
this is needed. Perhaps there should be an automated tool to do this?)

But why would it compile in 1.3.4 and not in 1.5.4?

I think that in 1.3.4 "View -> PDF" didn't output any PDF specific
code where as 1.5.4 does. Does View->DVI/PS work?

Did you do the "full" upgrade and upgade LaTeX or just upgrade LyX?

I rewrote the first spot where there was an error, and now everything is fine! Weird.