Hi,

I am having problems with the search and replace function, which I use heavily
in translating a book from German into English. After having used the replace
funtion for about 10 to 20 times the PC slows down and if I do not restart
LyX in time might finally hang. It says
could not fork:
not enough main storage available
I have at the same time a german-english dictionary running (Ding -by the way
is there a better one? This one is quite limited in respect to the items it
contains) and have not yet tested whether it is the combination of both.

My question is, whether this is just a limitation of my PC or whether the
function search and replace takes up so much storage.

How can I find out where the bottleneck is?

Wolfgang