On  4.07.08, Dov Feldstern wrote:
> Pavel Sanda wrote:

> Pavel is correct, there are certain features which the keymap offers
> which I think would be very hard to offer, especially in a
> system-independent manner, without keymaps (details below).

... [3 valid points in favour of LyX keymaps] ...

It would be nice it these arguments could be made public
permanently

 * in the LyX wiki or
 * in the Customisation guide (as preface to the keymaps section).

maybe weighting the pros and cons of system bases via LyX keymap
switching.

> I haven't followed this thread very closely, and I do not use dead keys
> --- I'm not sure how they're supposed to work at all --- so I don't feel
> qualified to provide suggestions with regard to the original problem. It
> isn't clear to me whether keymaps were or were not being used in this
> case.

I suppose during the experimenting ther was one stage where both,
the system and LyX defined dead keys which resulted in
"double-dead" keys. This should of course not happen (but can arise
if a pre-set keymap is activated and the system already defines
dead keys).

Günter