On Friday 27 June 2008 17:29 +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> > PS Here is what I tried: in american.kmap I put
> >
> > \kmod ' acute aeiouAEIOU
> >
> > # \kmod "," cedilla native
> >
> > \kxmod ' c ç
>
> just a wild guess, what happen with this:
>
> \kxmod acute c ç
>
> pavel

This still gives me an accented c...

However, it does have a strange side effect. In order to test this, I
choose "remap keyboard" in LyX, then point to the american.kmap edited
as above.

Then, my dead keys seem to be "doubly dead" (undead?) in the following
sense: I must type _two_ spaces after a dead key so as to get the
corresponding character (normally, one is enough).

Furthermore, I don't get a single quote this way, but an isolated acute
accent. In other words, with such a keyboard remap, it's impossible to
get a single quote in LyX.

And at last, only the accents (acute, grave, circonflex...) exhibit this
behavior. The double quote retains its normal dead key behavior.

All this seems stranger and stranger... Why doesn't LyX react as most other
apps?...

--

Daniel Clément