On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Matthias E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey there!

I have been using Lyx. 1.4. for over a year and never had a problem. All of
the sudden I was not able to convert into .pdf anymore. I decided to
uninstall and install 1.5 now. The same problem occurs. Whenever I try to
view the file as a .pdf, the following screen pops up:

Keine Information vorhanden, um Dateien im -Format nach png zu
konvertieren.
Definieren Sie einen Konverter in den Einstellungen.

(it's in German, I am sorry. it says: No information available to convert
data from -format to png. Define a converter in your preferences.)

which I tried but somehow I can't manage to solve the problem. Needless to
say, that I am not very fit in all this. It has just been working perfectly
all the time...

Maybe you can help me,

Does this happen even with a short test document? It sounds as if it wouldn't---as if you have some kind of image in your document that LyX doesn't know how to convert. Delete the last half of the document and see if that helps. If so, delete the last quarter, etc, and figure out what image is the problem. Then report back.

rh