Use Refworks to export your references as Bibtex. A .bib file should be generated. Then follow the intructions in LyX's User's Guide (Help->User's Guide, section 6.5.1) to insert your references in the document.

Cheers,
Nicolás

Hesham Kamel wrote:
Hello,
I am writing my thesis now, and just knew about LATEX.
I downloaded LyX, and started to work with, however I have a concern.
In MS Word, I am using a citation manager, Refworks to insert citations, and
at the end it produces a bibliography numbered list, while in the main
document itself, it generates  references to the list according to the
selected style.
e.g. a full frontal impact can extend for more than half a day even with
current computational capabilities [1].
and

1. REFERENCES

[1]  Natori, S., and Yu, Q., 2007, "2007-01-0882 an Application of CAP
(Computer-Aided Principle) to Structural Design for Vehicle Crash Safety,"
SAE SP, (2072) pp. 73-80.
so, can I get the same using LyX?
Do I need any additional software?

Thank you,