On Wednesday 23 July 2008 11:21, José Matos wrote:

> > There may be things wrong with awking, seding and perling data into
> > submission, but the age of these tools is not one of them.
>
> If you add there the coreutils, like tail, cut, paste, merge and so on we
> can do things that spreadsheet programs can only dream of like processing
> Gigs of data with thousands of lines and columns. :-)

:-)  :-)  :-)

Check this out:

http://www.troubleshooters.cxm/lpm/200801/200801.htm

http://www.troubleshooters.cxm/lpm/200802/200802.htm

But seriously -- it's obvious that for the LyX application itself, XML is by
far the best way to go, and I would never suggest rewriting LyX in awk :-).
My interest is in quick writes/tweaks of LyX native format files in order to
do things that LyX isn't equipped to do, like my VimOutliner to LyX script.

STeveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US