Alexander Scott wrote:
I'm a long time user of Lyx for Linux, and recently installed it for windows at my new job. However, the math symbols (all Greek letters plus many of the symbols from the math panel) have a different letter or number appear on the screen. When I compile to dvi, the correct symbol is displayed, but the confusion in Lyx is disorienting. Is anyone familiar with this problem, or knows of a font solution that I can use?

It means the fonts LyX uses for math displays in the GUI aren't properly installed under Windows. Check that a .\Resources\fonts directory exists under your LyX program directory, and that it contains nine TrueType font files (.ttf) and the BaKoMa4LyX font license. If not, snag them here (ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib/BaKoMa4LyX-1.1.zip) and unpack them. Now crank up the Windows font applet (from the Control Panel). If it shows any or all of those fonts installed, delete them in the font applet. Then reinstall them from the LyX fonts directory. Restart LyX and cross your fingers.

/Paul