On Jul 31, 2008, at 12:02 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2008 12:46 schrieb James Sutherland:

does this apply also for a floating object? I have a figure and a table and in both cases the legend is beyond the page number. However, if I insert your suggested ERT just in front of the float the page number is still there.

Wolfgang

Insert an ERT with \thispagestyle{empty}

It removes page headers & footers (including numbering) from the "current" page, i.e. the page that the text is on. Floats may end up on a different page. Try putting the \thispagestyle{empty} inside the figure environment (but not in the caption) within an ERT. Does that work?

James