On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Steve Litt wrote:

Thanks Oliver,

I still don't understand the underlying philosophy of layout modules:

0) What is a layout module?
1) Why are they better than just writing your own layout file?
2) How do you decide when to use them?
3) By what design methodology do you create them?
4) What are the attributes of a "good" layout module?
5) What are the attributes of a "bad" layout module?

Hi Steve,

I personally have no idea, but I suspect the answer can be found by asking on the developers' list :-)

Best regards,
/Christian

PS. Once 1.6 is out, I think the layout module should be stored somewhere in the wiki.