Hi all,

As a result of a hardware upgrade and a switch from Mandriva 2007 to Mandriva
2008.1, I'm upgrading to LyX 1.5.6 and abandoning the 1.4.2 that came with my
old Mandriva 2007. On the old computer, I kept 1.4.2 in parallel with 1.5.3.

My newer books were compiled in 1.5.3, and all appeared to compile reasonably
well in 1.5.6. All the ones compiled in 1.4.2 have at least some problems,
though in the case of one book it was simply the way URLs were styled -- easy
to fix.

I have one book written in stone age LyX in 2001, using Dekl Tsur's color
character style workaround. It's been upgraded to 1.4.2, and compiles on
1.4.2, but it doesn't compile on 1.5.x, and I dread getting it running in
1.5.6. But it has to be done :-)

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package