Steve Litt wrote:
I have one book written in stone age LyX in 2001, using Dekl Tsur's color character style workaround. It's been upgraded to 1.4.2, and compiles on 1.4.2, but it doesn't compile on 1.5.x, and I dread getting it running in

1.5.6. But it has to be done :-)

Would it be worth waiting for 1.6? I've been using it for a while. I'm finding 1.6 RC1 is crashy but usable on Windows. The testament to how good it is is that I'm willing to work around the occasional crashes rather than go back a version. You'd have to ask the developers what their ETA for the stable release though.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk Michael Reed -- technology, gender, and geek culture
freelance writer