  From: rgheck
  To: Máté Salát
  Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
  Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Unknown software exception (1.6.0rc2)

  Máté Salát wrote:
  > Sorry, sorry that I've left out some important information.
  >
  > I use win xp. It happens not each time when I use ctrl+c, but about 2 times
from every 3. It doesn't depend on if it's text or math. It happens in old
documents and in new ones as well.

  > In fact I use LyX 1.6 for quite a long time, and it worked fine. Maybe
something has changed on my system since than, I don't know.

  > I tried to restart Windows in safe mode, and that time LyX was lot more
stable, but I was able to produce the same error.

  > I'm going to reinstall LyX 1.6 now. How can I run LyX from a terminal?

  Figure out where LyX 1.6 is. Somewhere like: c:\program
  files\lyx\lyx.exe, but I don;t know for sure.

  Start>Run Command. Enter "cmd.exe" (I think). Then you get a terminal.
  Then type c:\program files\lyx\lyx.exe, or whatever it is.

  Richard