Well, I tried the proposed solutions here but they didn't produce what I want. Setting linespace to a negative value is generally an option but I have multiline input (linebreaks inside the table cells), so I need a little space between the horizontal lines and the content of the cell. But I want that space to be colored and not white. I could neither find something on this in the Embedded Objects Manual.
So, I post a small LyX file with the table, as Paul suggested.

Thanks for your help,

Johannes