Hi all,

for producing handouts from beamer presentation with LyX .1.5 I use this
method:
1) in the beamer document I add handout as an option to the beamer class
2) in the preamble I add the following lines:

\usepackage{wasysym,graphicx,pgfpages}

3) then in the preamble:
a) for producing an handout on a A4 sheet with 2 frames in vertical
position, I add this line:

\pgfpagesuselayout{2 on 1}[letterpaper, border shrink=5mm]

or:

b) for producing an handout on a A4 sheet containg 4 frames in landscape
position, I add this line:

\pgfpagesuselayout{4 on 1}[letterpaper, border shrink=5mm,landscape]

Pierfranco