On Sunday 26 October 2008 20:38:45 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > You are not. We should probably indicate more prominently that a
> > conversion is taking place.
>
> And more importantly we should do basic profiling on lyx2lyx. I guess
> this is possible in python?

Yes, it is.
There is even some framework in place to test it directly. What happens, and I
have seen this before is that we are starting to see documents converted from
lyx 1.3 to 1.6 that has more than 120 conversions where in most of them we
scan the document line by line.

So yes it should be possible to speed the conversion but there are reasons for
the slow response. Up until this moment we have focused on making it correct,
and just after we should make it fast. :-)

--
José Abílio