On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

James Sutherland schrieb:

Apparently the file formats changed from rc3 to rc4, and they are not backward compatible. Is there a way to migrate back to rc3?

Yes, you could run lyx2lyx on your file and specify the output fileformat. But why do you want to go back?

Testing.

Does anyone know if rc5 is compatible with rc4?

Every new LyX version can read files from older versions. Between RC4 and RC% no fileformat change happened. When LyX1.6.0 is finally released, the fileformat will be stable for all releases of LyX 1.6.x.

Then why can I not open a RC4 file in RC3? I get "lyx2lyx" converter errors. The same thing happens if I open a new file in RC3 now that I have RC4 installed. Apparently the new file template is also not backward compatible...

regards Uwe