Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:

What would be needed to make it available? Since I am the maintainer
nowadays, we can work out a solution.

You are the maintainer of ChkTeX?

I think you should bundle it in he installer.

This should be delivered by the LaTeX distribution. It turned out that ChkTeX is available in TeXLive but not MiKTeX. The MiKTeX maintainer reported me once that he had problems to compile it on Windows, but this was long ago. I would like when you contact the MiKTeX maintainer (Christian Schenk cs/at\miktex*org) and ask what he needs to be able to compile it. I'm sure he will add ChkTeX then to MiKTeX.

regards Uwe