Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:
>
>> What would be needed to make it available? Since I am the maintainer
>> nowadays, we can work out a solution.
>
> You are the maintainer of ChkTeX?

Yes, since the last time I asked Baruck Even about applying a patch :) I
tend to produce small patches eveytime I need to use chktex.

The next version is mostly ready for release, I just need to find a
little time to actually do it. I have no idea however whether msdos
support still work. Therefore, testing on windows would be appreciated.

The svn is now here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/chktex/

Testing would be appreciated. The web site is still at Baruch's site,
and therefore things will need to be updated on this side.

> This should be delivered by the LaTeX distribution. It turned out that
> ChkTeX is available in TeXLive but not MiKTeX. The MiKTeX maintainer
> reported me once that he had problems to compile it on Windows, but
> this was long ago. I would like when you contact the MiKTeX maintainer
> (Christian Schenk cs/at\miktex*org) and ask what he needs to be able
> to compile it. I'm sure he will add ChkTeX then to MiKTeX.

I'll try to see first whether Joost (or Enrico on mingw/cygwin?) can
have a go at it.

JMarc