On Nov 5, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Konrad Hofbauer wrote:

Ivan Werning wrote:
I did this for like 10 files. ...
I really hope I don't have to do this manually, ... That would be a major pain!

Are you kidding?

For 10 files, doing it manually would have been faster than writing the email to the list!

/Konrad

:D

Well, you see, my hope is if there was a feature that I didn't know of then I could continue to do this many times. Taking snapshots and inserting them is a common need. Saving them (in the future) in a particular directory (where my lyx file lives) instead of letting them go to the desktop is a possibility, but I would argue that sometimes you want to snapshot more than what you will later wish to insert. So it could be convenient.

I guess I had in mind a feature that Scientific Workplace has: you can save a file in a wrapped format that then saves all the figures and next time you open this file format it creates a .tex file with all the figure files in the directory you open the file in and with new relative file addresses for your graphics. I was hoping there might be something similar in lyx, since that would do it.

In other words, if I have to send a lyx document to someone, my only recourse is to figure out what all the accessory figure files are and send them along too?

-Ivan