On Nov 5, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:

Basically, yeah. This was a feature bandied about perhaps two years ago

more exactly this feature was some time part of lyx 1.6 and called
'embedding feature' or 'bundled format', unfortunately the discussions
about its design and implementation was so heated that we nearly lost
two of core developers and the whole feature was cancelled/removed/ postponed
for the time being.

pavel

OK, thanks. Yes, better not risk the mother ship for this, it is way too valuable... I love my LyX even if I have to edit around the .lyx file with text editors!

-Ivan