Stefano Franchi schrieb:
> --Boundary-00=_NYXJJjqY9AZlMwy

> On Thursday 20 November 2008 04:09:09 am Guenter Milde wrote:
>> Stefano Franchi schrieb:

> Well, I did look at the LaTex source, and the problem is the following:

> The correct LaTeX structure for suspended enumeration is:

> \begin{enumerate}
> \item
> \item
> \suspend{enumerate}
> \regular text
> \resume{enumerate}
> \item
> \end{enumerate}

To get an equivalent of this from LyX, you must not leave the enumeration
list (i.e. LyX should see "\regular text" as a part of the suspended
enumerate.

To achieve this, you must make the

> \suspend{enumerate}
> \regular text
> \resume{enumerate}

block a part of the last item (i.e. paragraph in Enumerate Style)
e.g. as a *nested* Standard paragraph.

> If I  export to LaTex and manually fix the code it works.

Hint: create a working example in LaTeX and import this into LyX.

> But I am not clear why LyX does what it does.

In LyX, consecutive paragraphs of the same "environment style" are put in
a common LaTeX environment. If you place a paragraph of a different style
inbetween, the environment is closed and re-opened.
(You can use View>Source and play with Enumerations, Standard and other
Styles to see what exactly happens.)

Günter