On Thursday 20 November 2008 08:59:04 am Guenter Milde wrote:
> Stefano Franchi schrieb:
> > --Boundary-00=_NYXJJjqY9AZlMwy
> >
> > On Thursday 20 November 2008 04:09:09 am Guenter Milde wrote:
> >> Stefano Franchi schrieb:
> >
> > Well, I did look at the LaTex source, and the problem is the following:
> >
> > The correct LaTeX structure for suspended enumeration is:
> >
> > \begin{enumerate}
> > \item
> > \item
> > \suspend{enumerate}
> > \regular text
> > \resume{enumerate}
> > \item
> > \end{enumerate}
>
> To get an equivalent of this from LyX, you must not leave the enumeration
> list (i.e. LyX should see "\regular text" as a part of the suspended
> enumerate.
>
> To achieve this, you must make the
>
> > \suspend{enumerate}
> > \regular text
> > \resume{enumerate}
>
> block a part of the last item (i.e. paragraph in Enumerate Style)
> e.g. as a *nested* Standard paragraph.
>
> > If I  export to LaTex and manually fix the code it works.
>
> Hint: create a working example in LaTeX and import this into LyX.
>
> > But I am not clear why LyX does what it does.
>
> In LyX, consecutive paragraphs of the same "environment style" are put in
> a common LaTeX environment. If you place a paragraph of a different style
> inbetween, the environment is closed and re-opened.
> (You can use View>Source and play with Enumerations, Standard and other
> Styles to see what exactly happens.)
>
> Günter

Well, it looks like I'm thicker than usual this morning. I tried Gunter's
suggestion, but I could get it to work. Perhaps I did not understand it. In
fact, I would really appreciate it if anyone could explain to me how I to go,
in LyX, from

1. First enumerated item
2.Second enumerated item
3.Third enumerated item

to:

1. First enumerated item
Some random text
2. Second enumerated item
3.Third enumerated item

Do I first insert the standard paragraph between 1 and 2, and then the
\resume\suspend pair? Or do I first insert the pair into the enumerated first
item, then the text between the pair of commands, than change the environment?
I think I tried all combinations I could think of, and none worked.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
College Station, TX 77843-4237