On Friday 28 November 2008 15:26:11 Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Hellmut Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Lukas, hi Les
> > thanks for your answers ;-)
>
> Hellmut,
>
> I have texlive-core-2008-r4 and lyx-1.6.0 correctly installed on
> gentoo linux (32 bit machines). I think you have a 64bit machine and
> texlive-core has a bug that somehow is triggered o such a setup.

Hellmut,

I have a full texlive installation on 64-bit Gentoo without problems: I don't
think it is a 64-bit problem.

One more simple check: is your /usr or / partition at 100%?

This can happen easily with Gentoo when installing large packages (and texlive
is immense) because the downloaded file is written to /usr/portage/distfiles,
then the downloaded file is extracted, probably to /tmp or /var/tmp, then the
package is installed, in /usr/share for texlive.  This can easily exceed a
gigabyte of disk usage, and depending on your partition arrangement all of
these directories may be on the same partition.

Les

--
L. R. Denham
http://www.hal-pc.org/~ldenham